Kilnamanagh and Castleview Parish Safeguarding Representative:
Name: Mary Olive Kennedy
Role of the Safeguarding Representative
All parishes will have at least one Safeguarding Representative assigned by the Parish Priest/Administrator. The position of Safeguarding Representative is a voluntary role. All those accepting the role must undergo Garda Vetting and the training organised by the Dublin Diocese Safeguarding Office.
The responsibilities of the Safeguarding Representative are:
- to receive news and updates on policy and procedures from the Diocesan Safeguarding Office;
- to promote awareness of the Diocesan Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding;
- to ensure that all parishioners have ready access to contact details of the Diocesan Designated Liaison Person and other relevant agencies;
- to support or facilitate anyone in their parish/diocesan groups working with children and/or vulnerable adults;
- to aid in addressing concerns and contacting the relevant agencies to deal with concern e.g. the Safeguarding office of the Dublin Diocese, Tulsa, Garda Siochana.
******Please note: Safeguarding Representatives do not deal with, or process, any concerns pertaining to safeguarding matters, their role in that matter is to be a link person with those who have a concern and those who deal with concerns.