Funeral Liturgies During The Covid-19 Pandemic.
We are in a very extreme situation with regards to Covid-19, and restricted measures apply. We are obliged to follow Government Guidelines in order to stay safe. Funeral Masses and Services will take place, provided Government Guidelines are strictly followed.
- Attendance is restricted to the designated capacity of each church – please contact the parish for more information on this.
- The limited congregation should observe the safe physical distancing of 2 metres.
- Masks are advised to be worn indoors for all over 9 years of age.
- Those cocooning and those with underlying health conditions should not attend.
- Those displaying cold or flu symptoms should not attend.
- In the case of death from Covid-19, specific arrangements will apply as communicated by the Health Authority via Funeral Directors.
These restrictions are difficult to bear in the context of grief, but they are in place to make it safe for everyone and to promote the common good.
Included on the Parish Website are Prayer Services for use by family and friends at home during this crisis, when a priest or Funeral Minister cannot attend. In the event, Fr Michael will talk you through how to use these Prayers.
There is a Webcam in St Kevin’s. That means that family and friends can view the funeral via the Internet.