In the videos and below is an outline of information regarding Confirmation in the parish taking place this August. Information will be updated on a continuous basis, so please check regularly in the lead up to Confirmation. Please fill in the Confirmation Record Information as we need this for the Ceremony and to update records.
Confirmation dates are below for each class grouping and all ceremonies take place at 1pm:
Wednesday 5th – Mr Lalor’s Class
Thursday 6th – Ms Reilly’s Class
Friday 7th – Ms Duggan’s Class
Monday 10th – Ms Norton’s Class
Tuesday 11th – Ms Kenny’s Class
Wednesday 12th – Mr Regan’s Class
Information for the Ceremonies:
- All ceremonies will start at 1pm sharp – please be in the church a minimum of 10 minutes before.
- Streaming facilities are available for all ceremonies and you can find the link here: Parish Webcam.
- We also have outside speakers at the church. The immediate family of Candidates is welcome to attend at the designated place they will be shown in the church car park, weather permitting. Some chairs will be provided.
- The maximum number permitted on the premises is 50 in each church (this includes Fr Michael and stewards).
- That means that each Candidate can have with them in the church only one other person. That one other person can be their Sponsor, or one Parent/Guardian who, on this occasion, can act as proxy for the Sponsor. (The official records will register the name given on the form below).
- The candidate do not have to wear their uniforms.
- No photographs allowed during the ceremony.
- Toilet facilities are currently not in use.
- Before you leave home for the Ceremony, wah your hands and bring with you hand sanitiser and tissues.
- The HSE advice is to use face coverings in enclosed spaces such as the church – this applies to anyone over the age of 13.
- The church car park will be closed to cars.
- Social distancing of 2 metres will have to be respected at all times.
- In order to maintain a safe environment for everyone concerned, please disperse promptly and safely immediately after the Ceremony.
- The church building is open for use on condition that the restrictions imposed by government are respected and implemented.
Confirmation Record Form
Please fill in the link below to give the basic details including Name of Sponsor (this is the name of the person to officially go down in the records) and Confirmation name. We need this information to register the Confirmation in the parish and notify parishes if Baptism was outside of the parish. Please fill in the form by Saturday 1st August by 12noon to allow us to process the information and have it ready for Confirmation day where the name is called.