Congratulations on the birth of your child!
Below is the parish policy for the sacrament of Baptism, along with the dates for the year 2018. The dates included are for the meeting, the welcome ceremony and the completion of the Rite of Baptism.
We in Kilnamanagh and Castleview Parish want to help you make your child’s Baptism an occasion of great joy. In order to make this possible, we need your full co-operation with our arrangements for the Sacrament of Baptism. Before you proceed with a request for the Baptism of your child, please reflect on the following question:
Does your Faith make you ready to take on the responsibility and constant care to bring your child up in the practice of the Faith?
Baptism is the sacrament of welcome and not a once off event. It’s more a matter of stages. So, there are four stages in our arrangements for Baptism:
- is the Booking of the Baptism
- is the Preparation Meeting
- is the Welcome Ceremony
- is the Completion of the Rite of Baptism
The dates for 2018 and some further information on the process of baptism in the parish can be found and downloaded from the attached document found at the bottom on the page. Please take note of the following points:
- Early contact with the Parish Office after the arrival of the new baby is important in order to make the Booking for the Baptism. ****Please note: a maximum of 4 families will be booked for each baptism date.
- Please contact the Parish Office (4515570) to check if the date you are looking for is available and arrange to fill out the necessary forms.
- The Parish arrangements for Baptism are that there is a Preparation Meeting on the Wednesday in St Kevin’s at 8 pm.
- This is followed by the Welcome Ceremony on the following Sunday in St Kevin’s at 10 am Mass. This is the first part of the Rite of Baptism.
- The Completion of the Rite of Baptism takes place on the last two Saturdays of the month in St Kevin’s and St Kilian’s at 4 pm.
- Parents and Godparents are expected to be present at the Preparation Meeting, Welcome Ceremony, as well as the Completion of the Rite of Baptism. Each is an essential part of Baptism.
Parents may not present their child on the Saturday if they have not previously attended the Meeting and Welcome Ceremony.
**For any adult seeking Baptism, please read our RCIA section of the website or contact the parish catechist.**